How To Promote Your Website Yourself
There are several ways to promote your website for free (or cost effectively) online and offline. Here are a few techniques you can start using right now.
1. Add your website address to your own email signature. Each time you send an email, you'll promote your own website.
2. Start exchanging Links with Other Webmasters who offer complimentary products or different products but target the same market as you. Incoming links are fantastic for promotion. Exchanging links will also help your traffic and search engine ranking.
3. Add a blog or forum to your site. This will help with search engines but also provides a useful, interactive tool for visitors to your site. other interactive tools could include a poll or survey. These can also add value to you and you can set up polls to collect information about your customers and visitors and what they really think.
4. Become an active commenter. Try to leave your comments on the blogs or forums that you visit regularly. Most of the comment systems also provide a way for you to leave a link back to your blog or website which begs a visit at the very least.
5. If you decide to have anything printed up, give your web address on it. You can print your URL on business cards, leaflets, stickers, etc.
6. Add your own web address to your forum profile signature. Each time you post or respond to questions, your ad will be displayed. If you can post good and useful content in forums, people who go through
7. Write articles or free reports for other webmasters to publish and put your website address in the by-line. Also place your articles on your own website. Set up your own newsletter system and use this to inform and educate but not necessarily sell. You want to reinforce the message that you are an authority in your field and not scare off subscribers with a hard sell.
8. If you do any direct marketing - send people to your website for further information.
9. Take a pro-active approach to driving visitors to your site and get your staff and customers excited about it so that they enjoy being part of the process and actively speak about it when in public. Perhaps email or snail mail all of your existing clients and vendors to introduce your site.
10. Make your content compelling and give your readers a reason to come back
11. Research what other online directories and websites might be available for your industry and determine whether you should get linked by them.
12. Sponsor or ask other complimentary businesses to mention your website in their newsletter. That way your message is going out to their customer list.
13. If you have a store or go to trade shows set up a computer with web access and promote your website. Encourage people to have a look.
14. Look at paid promotion options such as pay per click (Google Adwords), paid banner advertising, radio or tv campaigns and paying an SEO expert such as Strobe Net to set up a fully qualified online marketing campaign.
RETURN TO ARTICLES INDEX :: SEND THIS TO A FRIEND